A&M Records sold hundreds of millions of albums and singles worldwide. Known as the artist-friendly label A&M is most often associated with artists like Herb Alpert, Burt Bacharach, Carpenters, The Police, Styx, Supertramp, Bryan Adams, Peter Frampton, Sergio Mendes, Quincy Jones, Janet Jackson, Carole King, Sheryl Crow and many others. The timeless hits from A&M include “Close to You,” “Every Breath You Take,” “You’ve Got a Friend,” “This Guy’s In Love With You,” “Babe,” “Rise,” “What Have You Done For Me Lately” and more that transitioned from Top 10 hits to great standards around the world. All the artists, all the songs are here at On A&M Records.
Visit On A&M Records often. New content or features every day.
A&M RECORDS HEADLINERS
Nigel Burlinson. Older members of the Rondor and A&M family of employees may recall the name of a very long-serving, very cherished senior executive - Nigel Burlinson.
He was one of the first staff members when Rondor UK started in 1971. And he completed his distinguished career working in the Rondor Paris office decades later.
Sad to report that Nigel Burlinson has passed away at the age of 86.
He was beloved by all who knew him and so far he has been saluted by: former Rondor chiefs - Lance Freed, Derek Green, Bob Grace... By the UK trade paper Music Week. The UK equivalent of the Grammys - the Brits - has honored him in its "In Memoriam" roll-call. And Britain's top national daily quality newspaper - The Times - ran a major obituary - very rare for a behind-the-scenes music executive such as Nigel.
Nigel also had stints working for Warner Bros. Music and Warner-Chappell. In the 1960s he was the top administrator of the Beatles song catalogue.
His friend of 55 years - producer Martin Lewis - has set-up a mini-website in tribute - with details of a Zoom memorial and links to all the obits etc. Also a way to pass condolences to his family.
Please share this post with anyone who may have worked with Nigel.
• Website: https://MakingPlansForNigel.info
• email: Martin@MakingPlansForNigel.info
If your favorite artists aren’t here, they weren’t on A&M Records.
OFFICIAL VIDEO OF THE DAY
ON A&M RECORDS
- The internet home of A&M Records and affiliated labels' artists and employees.
- Recognized by Herb Alpert
- Universal Music Group calls us "literally the 'one-stop shop' for all things A&M"
- By the author of "From Brass to Gold" with foreword by Herb Alpert and Jerry Moss
- Author of "Discover A&M" on Herb Alpert's Official Website 2007-2013
- Contributor to "Herb Alpert & Jerry Moss" on Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Website
- Editor for "Herb Alpert at All About Jazz"
- Contributor to "Liza Minnelli: the Complete A&M Recordings"
- The only site with every artist and every recording--and you can search all of them.
On A&M Records discographies are the most accurate and most complete. Discographies include every format: vinyl, tape, CD, electronic albums and singles, videos, mastertones/ringbacks issued anywhere in the world. Discographies have stock numbers, record format, release date (many exact), recording notes (including colored vinyl, limited editions, picture discs, packaging and more.), track information, musician and production credits.
ON A&M RECORDS DATABASE
- 191 Record Labels
- 2,260 Films and Videos
- 6,000 Birth and Death Dates
- 3,495 Collectibles
- 3,611 Music Awards
- 4,692 Television Shows
- 5,641 Radio Shows
- 10,287 Video Tracks
- 12,821 Almo/Irving and Rondor Titles
- 15,291 Reference Sources
- 38,000 Photos
- 37,031 Concerts
- 63,470 U.S. and International Recordings
- 439,700 Music Tracks
- ...and more